by Hansol Jung
directed by Summer L. Williams
a National New Play Network Rolling World Premiere
in partnership with the Boston Public Library
January 30 – February 29, 2020
Rabb Hall @ Boston Public Library – Central Branch in Copley Square
All tickets for Wolf Play are Pay-What-You-Want! $0 minimum. Your ticket directly contributes to the future of financially accessible theater in Boston.
Iiiiiiiin this corner, we have southpaw boxer Ash, who’s on the verge of her pro debut when her wife Robin adopts a Korean boy off the internet without technically checking in with Ash first. Aaaaaaaaand in this corner, we have the boy’s first pair of adoptive parents, who were all set to unadopt him until they realized he’d be growing up... without a dad. Now, the boy is caught in the middle, and just wants to find his wolfpack. Hansol Jung’s WOLF PLAY is a deeply theatrical hunt for familial connection in the wilds of 21st century America.
“Jung is in a class of her own… The play simultaneously celebrates our extraordinary capacity for love, exposes our nastiest inclinations toward selfishness, and admonishes the injustices of our social systems.” — Broadway World
>> Company One Theatre is producing Wolf Play to AMPLIFY:
- that every child deserves love and a fighting chance to heal from personal and cultural trauma
- the many ways people become family, and the extreme lengths they may go to protect the pack
- the tools needed to navigate the thin dividing line between vulnerability and violence
- local efforts to support the lived experiences of transracial and transnational adoptees
- accessible theatre that opens conversations for all, thanks to Pay-What-You-Want ticketing and the support of the Boston Public Library