SEASON 19 | AMPLIFY
HYPE MAN: a break beat play • WIG OUT! • Leftovers
Subscriptions are now on sale for Company One Theatre's 19th season! Choose from the packages below for guaranteed tickets to every show.
COMPANY CARD: $100
Forget tiered, leveled, or matinee-only — the Company Card is the straight-forward subscription with all the benefits of a premium package!
- Receive one ticket to each performance during anytime in the run, including opening night
- VIP seating at all performances, including floor seats to Tarell Alvin McCraney's WIG OUT! at A.R.T.'s OBERON
- Reserve your tickets before they go on sale to the general public
- Avoid pesky box office and mysterious convenience fees
- See shows at theaters around the city courtesy of the Circle of Friends discount card that comes with your subscription
- No-fuss reschedulings, last minute bookings, or “oops, I lost my ticket”-reprintings
- Get free pins, pens, and show-specific merchandise
- First access to responsive programming, PlayLab, and special events
THE PLUS-ONE PACKAGE: $175 (the best deal)
The plus-one package offers you everything the Company Card has to offer, but for two (two tickets to each show, six total for the season)!
- Interchangeable plus-one tickets — bring your mom to one show, your old college roommate to the next, your partner to the third, and your colleague to the fourth. You’ll be a popular person come season’s end!
- Save an additional 7%
FOR THE UNDER 26 CROWD: $60
Calling all theatre enthusiasts, students, student loan sufferers, baristas, artists, roofers, accountants, interns, and whomever else is trying to navigate that tough financial time between high school life and bonafide adulthood! We offer you all the perks of our Company Card for just $5 a month.
HYPE MAN: a break beat play
A World Premiere by Idris Goodwin
Directed by Shawn LaCount
January 26 - February 24, 2018 | Boston Center for the Arts
Frontman Pinnacle and his hype man Verb have been making Hip-Hop together since they were kids. Now that they’ve got top-notch beatmaker Peep One in the mix, the group is finally on the
verge of making it big—until the police shooting of an unarmed black teenager shakes the trio to its core, and forces them to navigate issues of friendship, race, and privilege. The latest from break beat poet and playwright Idris Goodwin (How We Got On), HYPE MAN asks us: who has the responsibility to speak up in the face of social injustice?
A Boston Premiere by Tarell Alvin McCraney (Moonlight, BRO/SIS Plays)
Directed by Summer L. Williams
In Partnership with A.R.T.’s OBERON
April 27 - May 13, 2018 | OBERON
Enter the fabulous world of competitive Ballroom drag in WIG OUT!, a dazzling play about the desire to be desired, find your home, and out-walk the competition. While opposing Houses prepare for the catwalk showdown of the year, friendships are forged, loyalty is tested, and lovers are lured and lost. Sizzling with sincerity and style, and fueled by a Destiny’s Child-filled playlist, this exhilarating new work by the writer of the cinematic sensation Moonlight brings a riotous, defiant drag queen sub-culture of the early 2000s to glorious, vivid life.
By Josh Wilder
Directed by Summer L. Williams
July 20 - August 18, 2018 | The Strand
Weeds are a given in the heart of Philly, but when a giant dandelion sprouts overnight and wishes start falling from the sky, a young man and his family begin to see a way out of the cycle of poverty that has governed their lives. Refusing to feel like the city's leftovers any longer, the two brothers embark on an adventure they never could have imagined.